Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looks like Doc is having none of "the process"
(03-16-2017, 02:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2017/03/15/morning-line-315/99203456/

Some real zingers in here.....my personal fave:

Glad to see the local media calling out that bullshit too. :andy:

Thanks for the link...I didn't know Doc was moving on.  Nice article.  I have always enjoyed him.  Anyone know where he is going?  Maybe that is why he felt free to take some shots?

It is one of the most liberating experiences....when you have a new job, and are leaving your old one.  You get to completely speak your mind without any fear of retribution.  You have to be careful, though, as if you get to experience this euphoria more than a couple times....well, it kind of sticks with you.  People always say they want honest feedback.  They don't.  Especially in business.  Haha.  

I can relate to Doc's self career-limiting actions to have a permanent home.  I have lived, and will live my life out in Centerville, Ohio.  It's my home.  I have been offered really good positions in Chicago, Boston, and Nashville (that one was really tough to turn down), but in the end I am happy with the careers I have had and I am happy that my kids have grown up with the same home they came home from the hospital to live in.  I don't begrudge others that want to climb the ladder, be in the rat race...in fact, I realized through a course at church on authentic leadership that it is a large part of what gives me fulfillment:  helping others get to where they want to be.  So that is why I have remained a coach and sales trainer for all these years in my various positions.  It fills me.  

Nice article, Doc, and best of luck wherever you end up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like Doc is having none of "the process" - SHRacerX - 03-17-2017, 08:45 AM