Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Will this make anyone feel better?
(03-17-2017, 01:20 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: PFF List him as a guard in their scouting, and the 2nd best one behind Lamp.

SOURCES TELL US "I had to go back and watch his 2015 tape when he played guard. He was a little rough at tackle this year but that isn't his spot. Big and strong as a guard. He was moving guys from Ohio State around like it was nothing." -- Area scout for NFC team

If we can get him in the 3rd round or lower i say lets do it :)

It's true, he looked like a man among boys in that game.  I remember thinking to myself during that game that he looked NFL quality.  I would find him to be a welcome addition to the Bengals roster.

People keep saying that this is a down year for drafting OL, and I think that is kind of a blanket statement used by some to encourage emphasis on other positions.  Yes, this draft class does not feature many prototypical plug and play guys at LT.  That is just a result of so many of the top programs going with a version of the spread offense.  There are still plenty of schools that run pro style offenses and develop offensive linemen the old fashioned way. 

And, when it comes to interior OL, this draft class isn't really much different than any other.  When it comes to Centers and Guards, there isn't much difference in what they do in a spread offense as compared to a pro style.  I like this year's offerings at C and G, and it would be a good time for the Bengals to take advantage of what the draft offers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will this make anyone feel better? - SunsetBengal - 03-17-2017, 02:40 PM