Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs that Next Year will see more talent depart
(03-18-2017, 04:49 PM)Burma Wrote: I'm taking the re-signing of Tez on a "see it to believe it" basis.  The Bengals don't value 4-3 LB enough to draft them in the 1st, yet they expect us to believe they are going to re-sign Tez to a contract that reflects his level of play?  He' one of the top 5 LB in the NFL.  Right now he is 47th in average salaty at @ $4.7 mill per year. To pay him like a top 5 LB the Bengals are going to be looking at something like 5 year/$80 mill.  $16 mill per year. Dalton makes $16 mill per, and AJ is only at $15.  I find it incredibly hard to believe they are going to pay Tez what his play says he is worth.  But at least it makes for good quotes when they say re-signing him is a top priority and it's why they need to roll over so much cap cash.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/linebacker/

Tez is not a Hightower or a Luke K LB talent. He also has major issues the high paid do not have. But, I do agree he will command more money than 5 million a year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signs that Next Year will see more talent depart - Luvnit2 - 03-18-2017, 04:55 PM