Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I must be doing something right...
In all seriousness, what kind of questions do you have as far as local government? I mean, I'm an admin/policy wonk, but I'm also an appointed official for my city on a board regarding land use. I am also sitting on an advisory committee for my city's comprehensive plan this year. I haven't held or run for elected office (though some have tried to get me to) but I interact with elected folks and staff on a regular basis and understand city government.

I do see that your city's government is a different structure than I deal with hands on (we, and every city in Virginia save one, are council-manager systems rather than strong mayor-council), and every city is obviously different. Not knowing much about your city, what support comes from the state, what the economic situation is, what issues are on the minds of the voters, etc., makes it hard to really talk about your situation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: I must be doing something right... - Belsnickel - 03-19-2017, 04:42 PM