Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I must be doing something right...
(03-19-2017, 07:45 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I didn't have anything specific lined up, as far as questions.
I will give it some thought.
I appreciate the interaction and invitation to further question.

I'll need to research the amount of time the job requires and how much campaigning usually costs.

Every situation is obviously different. The job itself, as far as city council, obviously will take some time but it won't be as time consuming as most elected positions. Having some flexibility with your job will be helpful if you are elected because there will be things during the day that you may be called on to do. For the campaign, you can expect a steady increase in time commitment as you get closer to election day. Most of this time will be spent fundraising. If you are going in with a party then they will have an infrastructure that will assist you. Either way, though, you will likely have to take off from work for the whole of October to really do it right. This is just based on my knowledge of city council races here in my city.

Costs will differ and depend on a large number of things. This is, again, where having a party infrastructure can help out.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: I must be doing something right... - Belsnickel - 03-19-2017, 07:59 PM