Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I must be doing something right...
(03-19-2017, 08:15 PM)xxlt Wrote: Down in Kentucky they gave the Newport economy a boost with a red light district for decades. Maybe that would work better than a red cup district?

Seriously though, it sounds like so many towns throughout Appalachia and the foothills thereof. It fills me with a sense of shame that America doesn't work for so many people in so many towns like yours. And it also fills me with memories of passing through so many towns like yours and often meeting delightful people in restaurants, movie theaters, bowling alleys, and taverns. Those fond memories of good people and good times then roll right back into the shame that our country isn't working for so many... the idea that we could leave a better world for our children and grandchildren seems to be on life supports, if not to have died.

I'm excited for you that you got the invite to run for office. If you don't do it, I hope you find another way to engage "the system" for your fellow citizens. They need good people working for them. And until some come along, a deranged lunatic like you will spice up Coshocton city hall. Ninja

Thanks !
That's mighty kind of you.
I'm still forming the Libertarian Affiliate, regardless.
Heck, I'm going to Columbus on Tuesday to join Ohio's Libertarian Central Committee, in helping to validate petition signatures.
The petition is to have the Libertarian Party recognized in Ohio, AGAIN !
Apparently the Democrats and Republicans colluded (but mainly Republicans) to have the party removed from the recognized list, also removing them from receiving funds from donations on tax returns, etc..
I've also been trying to coordinate with other county affiliates to join forces in supporting candidates, in larger numbers.

So, I've been doing some "stuff".
ThumbsUp

(03-19-2017, 08:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have to say, even though I know we often get frustrated with each other around these parts, I'm surprised we haven't heard about more involvement in this sort of thing from our P&R regulars. Being engaged in the issues and paying attention to them is really the most important thing.

I agree.
There's good people here.
I should get to meet Nicholas Sarwark (Chairman of the Libertarian National Committee) in May, if I go to the Ohio Conference.
If I knew more of you personally, I'd have him recruit you all.
Soooo... gimme some digits !
Yes

Messages In This Thread
RE: I must be doing something right... - Rotobeast - 03-19-2017, 08:47 PM