Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death
(03-19-2017, 10:12 PM)treee Wrote: I don't think the descriptor of "black man" in the title in an 800 word story which focuses only on facts of the case is "trivializing it by making it about race" though. Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

You must have missed the part of my post were I used the term "click bait", because you just described it to a tee.

Quote:DA's being soft on agents of the justice system throughout the country has been an issue, so I would say the face value of the story is possibly is true.

It has been an issue, sure.  Has it not been an issue discussed almost incessantly in the past three years or so?  That being the case, and the fact that the DA in this instance is both an elected official and in one of the most liberal parts of the country, I find it far less likely for this to be one of those instances.  I could be wrong, but logic certainly doesn't incline me to believe so.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-19-2017, 10:28 PM