Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death
(03-19-2017, 11:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Like including "boiled" in the title when water boils at 212 F at sea level.

He wouldn't be boiled to death, he would be scalded to death. (Admittedly neither are particularly good things to happen.) Boiled to death is much more sensational sounding, of course, so into the title it goes.

"Man allegedly left under 180 degree Fahrenheit water until it caused his death" is a little wordy I suppose.

(03-19-2017, 11:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Creating a title that sensationalizes the story, such as this title does, is an attempt by the editorial staff to gain traffic. Those snippets to grab your attention are what I would consider click bait.

The only incorrect portion of the title is by the technical definition of the term "boils", which doesn't seem that egregious considering it's used informally quite often. I understand what you're saying, but the reason I don't like calling it click bait is because the information actually is shocking. I mean how much can you really sensationalize a story as horrible as that? For a nurse to say your skin peels off at touch? That's pretty extreme.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death - treee - 03-20-2017, 12:08 AM