Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death
(03-20-2017, 12:08 AM)treee Wrote: The only incorrect portion of the title is by the technical definition of the term "boils", which doesn't seem that egregious considering it's used informally quite often. I understand what you're saying, but the reason I don't like calling it click bait is because the information actually is shocking. I mean how much can you really sensationalize a story as horrible as that? For a nurse to say your skin peels off at touch? That's pretty extreme.

If true it is shocking, the story itself being shocking is not what I mean by click bait.  Matt described it well.  By including "Black man" in the title they're click baiting.  As has been admitted by everyone in this thread, racial issues (what many would call race relations and I hate that term) are huge right now and have been since Trayvon Martin.  By enticing readers with the ethnicity of the deceased, especially in an article that does not assert that the actions described within were motivated by race, they hope to draw in more readers.  I'm sure it works because if it didn't they wouldn't do it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-20-2017, 01:22 AM