Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death
(03-19-2017, 10:33 PM)treee Wrote: I must misunderstand the concept of click bait entirely, because substantive articles generally aren't considered click bait from my definition.

Many folks throw "click bait" in with any story that has a component they don't like.  The headline didn't lie...but by mentioning race (agreed to get more attention probably) they can lump it in with articles about "You won't believe what Trump's daughter looks like today!" and "Obama admits to killing Michelle and replacing her with a robot!!"

It is also, as you have surmised, a convenient way to ignore the story despite it being completely accurate as opposed to the other examples I gave.

Honest to god I clicked the story because I wanted to know how they "boiled" someone to death in this day and age.  But those with other agendas want to focus on the race of the victim instead.

Oh well....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death - GMDino - 03-20-2017, 09:22 AM