Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minter says joining Bengals 'just felt right'
(03-22-2017, 11:11 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, I was totally floored they signed him.  I guess they finally learned their lesson with aging vets, or square pegs in round holes as stop gaps at the LB position?  Whatever happened, I'm glad.  I'm looking at it as the writing on the wall for Rey Maualuga.  Sure, Tez was out of shape, but Rey is a habitual offender in that department, and his play has slipped badly in recent years.  I think we see Vigil, Tez, and Minter.....with Tez and Minter playing the lion's share, and Vigil maybe splitting time with Vinnie Rey....or even Rey starting and Vigil spelling....hard to say.

I wish he had signed longer, but maybe if he comes in day 1 and makes a splash, we get to work on extending him and Burfict. 

....and purple and gold are my old high school colors....so, I'm good with it. Smirk

Yeah, I guess if nothing else he will be busting his ass to prove he deserves a long-term deal.  You are dead on with respect to the performance of Maualuga.  I think he should have stayed at SAM from Day 1.  Now, he just seems to be a MIKE backer from the 70s that the game has passed by.  He is a liability on anything in open space and LBs simply can't be that in today's NFL.  

I remember a lot of Bengal players politicking for Maualuga in the draft, even going so far as texting Marvin, and Marvin responded right before drafting him: "You got your wish". 

Who did the Bengals want to draft in that spot?  Super Bowl winning Center, Max Unger.  The lesson?  Don't listen to your players.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minter says joining Bengals 'just felt right' - SHRacerX - 03-22-2017, 11:20 AM