Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death
(03-22-2017, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This question has been answered by two separate  yet you continue your petulant game because you cannot honestly answer the one posed to you prior to asking your question for the first time.

But let's see which one should be mentioned in title as I am not a coward in word or deed:

Man: a (1) :  an individual human; especially :  an adult male human (2)

Black: b (1) often capitalized :  of or relating to any of various population groups having dark pigmentation of the skin

The only question I recall you addressing to me is this one: "I felt race played no part in this story and definitely didn't need to be in the headline. How about you?"  Which I answered. "I didn't "feel" anything about race until people started complaining it was mentioned." I added that I was against censoring race in such reports. And you, with no explanation, decided that was not an answer.  

I don't follow your angry "a" and "b" above and all the talk about "honesty" and your non-cowardice. 

And I did not realize Michaelsean was answering for you,  but if he was, his answer did not suffice.  Since the question at hand concerned why we speak the way we do--black man instead of  just "man"--and how should we be speaking if some don't like the way speak, to simply say "We really don't speak like that" is a non answer. 

We don't say a "human being died" in a news report about a prison death because people want to know the attributes of the deceased--male or female, black, white, or other--as well as the circumstances of the death. If a child dies, we add that bit of info as well.  That is the norm at the moment.

And I question why anyone would want to change that norm by erasing race.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death - Dill - 03-22-2017, 10:43 PM