Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death
(03-22-2017, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was unaware that you viewed definitions as angry; especially in the context of providing a direct answer. Let's just say you are not being forthright in your responses; We'll let other decide the motivation behind them and assign their character traits to them.

This is why I said he answered and also provided my answer as well. So now you assert the answer you received did not suffice, although it was short and concise; however you felt (thought?) your answered the direct question posed to you? They didn't just say man they used the descriptive schizophrenic; as did every other headline on the subject. It's just 99.9% of them felt (decided) his skin color was not as important to put in the title as his mental condition 

Once again his mental condition was germane, his skin color was not. I invited folks to use any search engine they chose and see how far the hard to go to find another site that though race should be introduced in the headline. Of course we say child when a child dies. I just hope we don't say black child in the title when it is not relevant

Your norm has been noted and apparently color must be stressed when it has nothing to do with the subject. I will admit many are trying to make it the overall norm.

I'm pretty sure you know why to OP chose the thread that he did, but will feign ignorance. Of course I could just be over-estimating you again and you're not feigning. 
For future reference, then, definitions become ANGRY when bolded and surrounded by language denigrating another's character while affirming the definer's own heroism and integrity.

Concision is a good thing, but that helps nothing if the answer is not substantive. You thought Michaelsean's answer was good for the same reason he did.  I did not think it adequate for reasons I gave.

Of course we say "child" when a child dies and of course we say "woman" when a woman dies--but of course you don't say "black" when a black man dies in prison, because according to the guards and the DA, color had nothing to do with his death.

Some of us like to keep track of how many black men die in prison for reasons that have nothing to do with race as opposed to white men who die for reasons that have nothing to do with race.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Charges Prison For Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death - Dill - 03-23-2017, 06:24 PM