Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON?
It is difficult to grade them thus far as we don't know what the plan for the draft will be.

If they are going to stubbornly hold on to Ced as the only option at LT, then I will likely give them a C. If they slide in Rd 1, get the WR Ross or Davis, and then aggressively trade back in to the bottom of Rd 1 and get Cam Robinson to compete at LT (which he could easily become our RG of the future if Ced somehow beats him out) then I would give them an A. I sure didn't want to see Whit go that way, but matching the offer would have been ridiculous. He will be 37 next year, and his decline is unavoidable.

I completely understand and agree with letting Zeitler go. He is an average run blocker and above average pass blocker that just got $12 million per year. You don't pay slightly above average players that. You pay all-pro players that.

I'm very happy they resigned Dre, LaFell, Peerman, as well as the acquisitions of Smith and Minter. My only wish is that they could have held on to Sexy, perhaps at the expense of Lafell.

I will be the minority here, but if Smith pans out at RG (basically stay healhty) and they either get a solid performance out of Ced, or push him with Robinson and he takes the job, with a burner WR early, a versatile RB, and a pass-rushing RDE from the draft, I think this team will actually respond from the age-turnover of the roster and compete for a Championship...and not just for the AFC North.

They have the cornerstones at QB, WR, and TE on offense. They have a veteran defense with a few, new, speedy options plus likely additions at DE from the draft. They have the return of Billings and WJIII to boost the defense as well. I love the way this team is coming together.

Get Ross, Robinson, and Jordan Willis after two rounds and watch out...

Playmakers, get a couple more playmakers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON? - SHRacerX - 03-25-2017, 08:53 AM