Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals Can Have Another 8-0 Start
(03-30-2017, 02:20 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I love the Bengals and hope OP is right but I think 2-6 is more likely for first 8 games

We have a very questionable pass rush and are average to below average defending the run. Maybe rush D seriously improves because of Minter.

we won't be as good at LT no matter what Og does. More likely that Og is one of the five worst LTs in the league putting him up there with Bodine.

Bodine remains one of the five worst centers in the league.

Dalton is seriously injured- see two points mentioned above re LT and center.

Maybe Andre Smith is all pro at RG- I seriously doubt this.

Maybe we draft Mixon who is the next coming of Adrian Peterson. I doubt it.

Plus, Marvin is still the coach so if a miracle happens and we make playoffs ( while losing twice to Steelers or at least losing to Steelers at home) we have no chance of winning  a play-off game.
There was a lot of change last year and the results were not good.  This year, guys who were new last year now have a year of experience.  That should help a lot, or at least some.

We will be younger, should be faster, hopefully that means better.

But, there was a bunch of change this offseason, with more to come. 

We'll have an OLine that will have never played together as a unit until Week 1.  How likely is it that they'll hit the ground running?

Last year, we had growing pains.  There will be more of that.

This might really be a transitional year, where we'll see flashes or even stretches of potential but it won't be consistent, just like last year.  I'm thinking we are about a five hundred kinda team that will have a chance to be really good in '18.

One thing that's certain--we need a good draft, one that puts players on the field this year and contains at least one impact player.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Can Have Another 8-0 Start - kevin - 03-30-2017, 11:01 AM
RE: Bengals Can Have Another 8-0 Start - McC - 03-30-2017, 02:37 PM