Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Hobson Says We Need Another 1st Round CB
(04-16-2017, 09:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Not that I want it to happen, but it's not a dumb move by any means. I think Jackson will impress. If Russell shows out and the other's come to play, we should be good at CB. That said, I would rather they do that than reach for 6'3" 250 pound DE that hasn't played against an NFL caliber OT in his entire college career.

Agreed that they shouldn't reach but whoever you draft at 9 should be an impact player who starts from day 1. You don't draft a guy as high as 9 to sit on the bench. If they draft a cb at 9 they should do it because they believe he is good enough to start. Far a DE goes I hope they don't pass on Barnett or a smaller DE in later rounds just because of his size and not his ability. The Bengals said this offseason that size doesn't matter as long the guy can get to the qb, it will be interesting to see if they break the trend this upcoming draft. Barnett' is an interesting prospect broke Reggie Whites sack record at Tennessee and had 3 very productive years in the SCC. Far as who the Bengals pick at 9 I have no idea nothing would surprise me could see them drafting any position except QB or Oline.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Hobson Says We Need Another 1st Round CB - lone bengal - 04-17-2017, 09:35 AM