Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back
(04-17-2017, 03:39 PM)Dill Wrote: Still, though, the ultimate, far over-riding issue should be COMPETENCE.

Well of course it should. I merely meant I understand the overall appeal an outsider might have. It doesn't have appeal for me, I prefer professionals. I'm sorry, these sentences look like bad English :) you get what I'm saying. I agree with your stance on (more or less) all levels, 10.000 lines of anti-Trump rhetorics should attest to that.

(04-17-2017, 03:39 PM)Dill Wrote: Finally, all Americans don't think all politicians are sell outs. 

That's a matter of perspective. I didn't mean to describe a common character flaw in politicians. But the situation as it is demands them to be on the phone half of their days in election times - calling someone for campaign money. It's baffling to see from the outside, and it sure looks like selling out. That it's done so openly doesn't make it any less sellout-y.
Probably not all Americans see that as selling out per se (I do, for it seems like the correct word), but it sure contributes to the horrendous image politicians have in the US. That image is all over the place (which is too big for me to really thoroughly check out, of course, so I just talk a lot here). But half the people do not even bother to vote. Seems like a message.
And I'm not so much talking about Citizens United, which I don't know much about. I understand it puts a whole new dimension of, dare I say perversion to the process. But private or corporate campaign funding on some level always seems to be like that, and it was like that before that act.

I talk public campaign funding, the state paying fixed amounts and at least strongly restricting the money that can be added by corporations or private citizens; which really seems like the way to go, at least for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back - hollodero - 04-17-2017, 03:58 PM