Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back
(04-17-2017, 07:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The situations in Syria and North Korea are essentially unchanged. Assad isn't more hostile to his people. North Korea isn't more adamant or increasingly defiant. It's business as usual for both.
Are you serious?

Trump is finally standing up to Assad after so long of the US just letting him commit atrocities against his own people, and he did it without putting American lives in danger.  At some point you have to be the kid that stands up to the bully and says "enough is enough."

North Korea isn't more adamant or increasingly defiant?  They're continuing to build their nuclear program and testing missiles.  You can't let them gain all the power to strike and say "oh, now it's time to put our foot down."  That's too late.

(04-17-2017, 07:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Syria was a flip flop. The MOAB bomb in Afghanistan definitely wasn't. I'm not sure what position changed regarding North Korea, if any. 
Afganistan, once again, he's just eliminating a threat before it builds to a dangerous level, and he's doing so without putting American lives in danger.
(04-17-2017, 07:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you want to take a stab at the flip flops on NATO and China?
With China, he either evaluated it more and changed his mind (he's said that he was wrong), or he's just playing along with them because we need them in our conflict against North Korea.  Either way, he's being a smart leader.

It's not like he just promised one thing to become popular.  He's doing it in the best interest of the country.  Sounds like a good leader to me.

As far as NATO, he's realizing that NATO can help us and can help the world.  He's also doing that in the best interest of the country and world.  Sounds like a good leader to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back - BFritz21 - 04-17-2017, 04:18 PM