Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back
(04-17-2017, 10:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And the action is Trump sent the carrier into South China Sea and is telling North Korea that they're playing with fire and he has been preparing/considering a strike if they keep acting a fool.
Maybe they were becoming more of a threat?

Maybe or maybe he has come to the conclusion that they're not.  Good leaders adapt positions when need-be or when new information is known.

Two Questions:

What will happen if Trump sends 59 Tomahawk missiles into North Korea for testing a missile?  What will North Korea do? Will Kim say "Ok Ok. No more tests"? Or will an artillery barrage fall on Seoul? Or something else? What options does he have, in your view?  I am not asking about the wisdom of Trump's new engagement with North Korea. I am just asking what YOU think Kim's options are.

Trump changed his position on China after a half hour discussion with Xi. Then he told the world that is what happened. From this, what should other world leaders conclude about Trump's decision making skills? They have already learned that he believes Breitbart over his own CIA and FBI. Ivanka may have swayed his Syria policy, along with pictures of gassed children.  Will they see Trump as a strong, capable leader reacting to new intel or someone being schooled in foreign policy basics as he lurches from one action to another, following his feelings and approval polls? 

Regarding the last question. I keep hearing two conflicting messages from Trump supporters. One is that Trump is sending the world leaders "messages" of some sort, and now they respect us. And this seems very important to them--part of making America great again. Rush and Hannity were bragging yesterday that his "diplomacy" had moved China to action.

The other message is that they don't care what other world leaders think. And we don't need China or diplomacy or policies that require us to work with others to effect international political goals. So I am just trying to sort out where you are at on this issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back - Dill - 04-18-2017, 12:25 PM