Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back
(04-19-2017, 06:35 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: So then why not talk about defense spending as a whole? People are clearly trying to make this a "Trump issue" and not a "defense spending" one.

Again, the US has been firing Tomahawks for years. Why are we not talking about that? Why is it that as soon as Trump does it everyone jumps out of their seats like "Oh my gawd, look at how much it'll cost to replace those Trump missles"  yet there is barely any mention about what the US has already spent on its military before Trump got in office. We're talking about what Trump cost us instead of talking about what the US as a nation has been costing itself for years. Those 59 Tomahawks don't even compare to what's been spent before Trump got in office. Trump didnt just buy those missles and have them UPS Next Day Aired so that he could fire them at Syria. The money was already spent before he started his campaign to be president.

Do I believe people do have a concern about defense spending? Yes. Do I think people actually care to the point that it really matters? No. People care more about what Trump is spending on Syria than actually talking about what we've spent on military through the years and across the globe. "Defense spending" doesn't mean "How much it cost to fire Tomahawks at Syria". Like I've already said, pepole are acting like Trump just bought those cruise missles, but they were already there. The money was already spent.

The fact that you're not aware that people have been complaining about defense spending for years now is startling. Even within the context of Trump's administration, people have been complaining since he proposed a budget that cuts domestic spending and raises defense spending. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back - BmorePat87 - 04-19-2017, 08:43 AM