Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Are Content With Bengals LBs As Is Going Into Draft
(04-23-2017, 04:59 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm content with what we currently have.  Burfict is in a contract year, so he should show up in shape and have a good year playing for what should be his last chance at a big contract.  Minter is a solid starter and captain of one of the league's best defenses and is in his prime.  Dawson and Vigil are both 2nd day draft picks, and Vigil looked good in his limited PT as a rookie.  Vinnie Rey is a decent backup/spot starter.  Losing Dansby and Maualuga was addition by subtraction.

Given the fact that Minter and Burfict are in contract years, I am not opposed to taking a LB early if there is a value at the position.  I'd be ok with Hassan Reddick at 9 because between his pass rush, cover skills, and athletic ability,he's the perfect nickel LB.  Foster was insanely overrated before his injury, character, and drug concerns raised their heads.  I had him as a late 1st/early 2nd before his downward spiral, but now I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd.  I'd be very happy with Bowser, Davis, Cunningham, or McMillan in the 3rd. 

Reality is, LB is not at a premium for a 4-3 defense, and on top of that, we are in nickel defense well over 50% of the time, which means only two of them on the field.  Yes, we could upgrade, but we would get better results upgrading other positions.

You beat me to it - yes, losing Maualuga was addition by subtraction.

(04-23-2017, 05:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. Burfict + Minter is a solid combo. SLB isn't used much. Vigil was a 3rd round pick just last year, so I'd give him some time, he should be decent at least.

Aside from that, I think our depth is okay. I'm just fine with what we have. D-line is the only area on defense that I want to see addressed at all.

This needs to be an offensive focused draft.

Agreed, I'd like to see a couple D-linemen, maybe a late DB, but outside of that I want basically all O in the draft. We've got to get better in the redzone, better at rushing the ball, better at blocking, nearly everything really.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Many Are Content With Bengals LBs As Is Going Into Draft - bengalfan74 - 04-23-2017, 07:42 PM