Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Are Content With Bengals LBs As Is Going Into Draft
(04-23-2017, 08:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You can't rely on Burfict to play 16 games, Minter is on a 1 year deal, and the run defense has shown to take an enormous step back when Burfict is out (or fat).

So I would like to see a 4th round LB added. Unless you want to pick up Jabrill Peppers in the 2nd and just play him as a S/LB hybrid.

Burfict has only missed significant time due to injury twice in 5 seasons, played 16 games twice, and only missed 2 games due to injury last year. I think it's a bit soon to start calling him an injury liability. I don't think his weight affected him last year, it was just something for people to complain about during a lost season. Yes Minter was signed to a 1 year deal, but we could (a) resign him next year and if not (b) sign someone else or draft someone then. 

I'm not at all confident in a 4th round pick to eventually become the full-time replacement at MLB. May as well roll with Minter and see what happens. If all else fails, take the position more seriously (than a 4th rounder) next year. Mind you, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a guy in the 4th round, but I just don't see it as a dire need. A 4th round rookie isn't going to be a good substitute for Burfict this year...or anyone else.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Many Are Content With Bengals LBs As Is Going Into Draft - Shake n Blake - 04-24-2017, 12:45 PM