Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Are Content With Bengals LBs As Is Going Into Draft
(04-24-2017, 08:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhhh... Dansby ran a 4.56, Vigil ran a 4.72, and  Kevin Minter ran 4.81

Even if you account for Dansby being old, I think Vigil vs Dansby is a lot closer than you think. (Of course with Maualuga way behind both.) Don't buy into Minter being some speed demon just because Hobson wrote he brings speed to the LB group.

No way, no how is Dansby a quicker, faster player than Vigil today, in 2017 unless we take into consideration experience. Play fast vs. timed fast. Then MAYBE. However, Lapham said Vigil looked like a vet at mini camps and was the most impressive rookie. I think he catches up quick in the experience column.

In terms of raw speed/quickness, there's more to that than just a 40 time, right? What's missing from your assessment/numbers is that Vigil was the FASTEST LB at his combine in BOTH the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle. He's a fast/quick player and those numbers translate to coverage or a WR/TE more than a 40. LBs tend to not run a straight 40 yards very often unless they are playing ST.

Here's a link to his combine profile and numbers: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nick-vigil?id=2555528

Minter is more of the traditional, thumping MLB. I could see Vigil or Rey being on the field more than Minter later in the season. Minter plays fast. I would still have to guess he is faster than Dansby at this point in their careers.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Many Are Content With Bengals LBs As Is Going Into Draft - PDub80 - 04-24-2017, 09:12 PM