Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Are Content With Bengals LBs As Is Going Into Draft
(04-26-2017, 10:47 AM)sonofstat Wrote: LB and Safety are the same for me....  for years I would have loved to seen a blue chip, round 1 or 2 draft pick on someone who is a potential stud as we traditionally 'make do' with either retreads or mid / late round guys.

However the reality is either due to draft/cap strategy - or maybe just our 4-3 scheme - that we just favour steady, disciplined players who allow the 'edge' players to make the splash plays and can also contribute on special teams.

That said when we do stumble upon a pro bowl quality safety or LB (Tez, Reggie N) they stand out and can make significant , game changing type contributions ....and we also noticeably miss them when they are not there.

It took me a while to get used to the idea of having a line and CBs that does the lion's share of the work and safeties/LBers that are more about containing against the worst. But it is what it is. We don't have big plays coming from those positions because the defense is set up that way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Many Are Content With Bengals LBs As Is Going Into Draft - Benton - 04-26-2017, 10:58 AM