Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Open-Minded Liberals at it again
(04-26-2017, 09:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure if "we" are sure; as I said: your ilk most likely view it as a victory. But IMO feeling compelled to cancel a speaking engagement out of fear for your safety is a defeat for Free Speech.

People of "my ilk" would have said to let her speak. I've said it every time this topic has come up.

For example:

(02-18-2017, 01:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: For the record:  I felt the protests to keep him from speaking were stupid.  You have to let these people speak so others can see how hateful and dumb they really are.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/02/18/milo-yiannopoulos-makes-his-debut-on-real-time-with-bill-maher/98088264/

This guy is a hoot!  Stupid and thinks he's funny!  Let him speak...he's just hanging himself.

I wonder if he's going to fire himself?  Oh, right.  He's the EXCEPTION to all the other gays.  Right.   Cool

Hilarious

Every so often a new "Conservative comedian" rolls out to show "the left" that they aren't really funny because they aren't inclusive of the "humor" on the right.

And then they're gone in a couple years because, well, they aren't funny and they try to hide their position/message behind "jokes" instead of using jokes to show the humor in the other sides position/message.

See? I disagree with what he has to say but believe he should be allowed to say it. In this case so I can point out how hateful and wrong I think he is.

Simple concept.

(04-26-2017, 09:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must admit I have no idea why you posted the 1st Amendment; as no one said anyone's right were violated.

Mellow

(04-26-2017, 06:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Another "victory" for the Left and defeat for Free Speech:
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/ann-coulter-cancels-berkeley-speech-threats-violence-sad-175026347.html

Is "free speech" not a right?

Or are you saying that he rights were not violated...just the right to free speech in general when she wasn't allowed to speak?

Either way it's still wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Open-Minded Liberals at it again - bfine32 - 02-02-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - McC - 02-02-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Open-Minded Liberals at it again - GMDino - 04-27-2017, 07:08 AM