Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Bengals last playoff win...
(04-27-2017, 12:26 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Not what your buddy was saying.

So we just say "Hey Alex Mack wanna play for the Bengals? Here's a big pile of cash!" and then poof like magic it happens. You are assuming a lot just to bash Bodine. Signing free agents is a 2 way street and Alex Mack would also be coveted by other teams and has the right to pick the Bengals out of all the other teams. We could have been in contention for signing Mack but acting like it was a sure thing as long as we handed him money is naive. Also Bodine is one man on an o-line and even smaller fish among the pool of starters. Nevermind the fact that we were in the post-season and had the game within our grasp until players not named Bodine blew it to pieces. Nevermind that McCarron fumbled the snap against Denver tossing away our bye. I don't even have to look it up to know that Dalton has very rarely bobbled a snap with the same Center.

Keep telling yourself whatever you need to to justify your bias against Bodine. He's not a great player at all but we do have great players on the team who have the ability to change a game at the drop of a hat but keep blaming the average Center. The bias has obviously doubled down since Tate is gone there are less people to blindly hate regardless of the reality.

Center has all of a sudden become the most important position in football. We lose because of Bodine, If we win it's in spite of Bodine and I highly doubt most of you are even qualified to know what it takes to be a good Center in the NFL. Just pick a player and he's the new punching bag until he's gone while other players are untouchable. Heaven forbid some of our pro bowlers step up and lead our team.

You ain't my buddy? Sad LMAO

Dude, he can't even snap the ball consistently....he's not just bad, or mediocre, he's terrible. I've seen Andy rip his ass several times for bad snaps, are we watching the same games?  Where do you see NTs in Dalton's face coming from?  Where do you see those same guys coming from that smash Bernard and 2 yard Jeremy coming from? It's not like he's a rookie, and there have been chances to upgrade him (with guys like Alex Mack....whom we NEVER EVEN TRIED TO GET), but we sat on our hands like usual. I don't know what it takes to make a C at the NFL level, but I played next to one for 10 years of my life, and even stepped in and played the position a couple of times in a pinch when I was needed.  I can tell you this, the position is a lot more important than you Madden boys will ever admit.  He is the anchor for the interior line, he is responsible for identifying defensive alignments and calling out the proper schemes, and he is responsible for getting the ball to the QB consistently.  Snapping in the shotgun, or longsnapping is no easy chore (thumbs out!), but with the reps I'm sure Blodine has had in lifetime, he should have it licked by now.  Hell, my sorry ass got it right in the 3 games I played the position as a teen, with minimal reps. Sorry your love for Bodine clouds the reality.

(see what I did there?) Wink

PS....I blame his position coach far more than I do him.  I'm just pointing out ONE example of a position that needs upgrading in FA to help get this inept bunch over the hump.....but we just keep twiddling our thumbs.  I must admit.....he is just the easiest target.  I's like shooting fish in a 5 gallon bucket.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since the Bengals last playoff win... - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-27-2017, 01:15 PM