Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Insider information: Things I think I know heading in to the first day of the draft
(04-27-2017, 08:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Haven't looked over everything in this thread, but Howard would open up the running game just as much as Ross would because he can slip deep and force the safeties to stay in the middle of the field, which it would be even more dangerous because he can break either way or go straight down the field, making the safeties cover a lot more area, whereas a safety only has to cover a wideout in one third.

Ross also isn't too sure-handed, which we need in our possession receiver.

Receivers like Ross are a dime a dozen and he doesn't fit what we need, so I hope you're wrong.  We had Henry when Carson was in his prime and, as much as Dalton has improved, his arm still isn't what Carson's was.

Mike Brown says he doesn't really run things anymore, but not taking Howard because we have those other guys would be a typical Mike/Bengals move in thinking that, just because we have bodies, they're good enough.

I saw "high on Billings" and thought it said "high on Bodine" and I almost rolled off a cliff.

I don't think there's any pass rushers worthy of a top ten pick that will be available when we pick.
We totally lack speed so he does fit a lacking area.. i think we would have went offense line if it was better at guard.. also i liked Allen but i will also admit.. Allen is DE/DT.. not the edge rusher we might want.. i also think the Bengals as many on here were very high on Billings.. they just might think he is the guy next to Atkins this year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Insider information: Things I think I know heading in to the first day of the draft - Essex Johnson - 04-27-2017, 11:19 PM