Poll: Are you happy with the John Ross pick?
This poll is closed.
Yes
47.87%
90 47.87%
No
32.45%
61 32.45%
Indifferent
19.68%
37 19.68%
Total 188 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll
(04-28-2017, 02:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When A.J. has the CB beaten by two steps for an easy touchdown, but gets tackled because he has to slow down for an under thrown ball, how does that show up in the statistics?

As a completion (to an elite WR who saves Dalton's ass time and time again.)

I'm not sayin' he is horrible at it, but it is not a strength. So Dalton and a smallish, deep threat WR who "takes the top off the defense" with injury concerns may not compliment each other the same way A.J. and Dalton compliment each other.

This happens to Dalton less often than people like you say, and it happens to other QBs more than you say. Not every deep ball is going to be a dime...that's why dimes make the highlights. Nobody had to slow down on any of these deep throws:

I'm not saying Dalton is a top 5 deep passer or anything, but it's not a weakness. You seem to be implying that Dalton won't be able to take advantage of a deep threat not named AJ Green, which seems silly when some of Dalton's best deep throws were to Marvin Jones. Dalton has literally hit more than 100 deep throws - in stride - through his career and the evidence is all over YouTube for all to see. 

I'm fine with saying he's not exceptional at it, but don't pretend Dalton is constantly bailed out by AJ Green and guys always have to run back to the throw. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - Shake n Blake - 04-28-2017, 03:33 PM