Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More proof of how good Paul Alexander is
Paul Alexander only does well when he's given an unbelievable amount of resources. Remember, the man was here for almost the entire decade of the 90's. I'm not how he's given a pass, when literally more than half his career here has featured below average lines.

One might ask, if he were that great a position then why no promotion? Why was he never hired away? Cuz that's what most skill position coaches do, they work up to coordinator positions. And highly doubt he's been paid near the top of his position this entire time. Surely someone could have offered more if he was that good, right?

A guy from Birmingham, Alabama that partial to Cincinnati? Maybe he's just stayed these 20 plus years for all this winning we've had during his tenure? Confused Why is he still here, in the same role, if he's so great?

Maybe because a monkey could do well with the following groups:

-----

Levi Jones
B Williams
Braham
Steinbach
W Anderson

*Not to mention Reggie Kelly at TE, and Jeremi Johnson, which out of TE/FB blocking skillsets is about as good as you're going to get

-----

Whitworth
Boling
Bodine
Zeitler
Andre Smith

-------

The 9 player OL sets we ran in 2009. Didn't we have like 17 tackles in at once?

-----

Outside of these groups, how have we done? Probably not great. So I guess question left is, are there really that few OL coaches that could have success with the above? Cuz I'm guessing there's plenty. And I'm also guessing the reason that Warren (earmuffs) is still here is because no one else wants him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More proof of how good Paul Alexander is - Wes Mantooth - 08-02-2015, 11:08 PM