Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More proof of how good Paul Alexander is
(08-02-2015, 11:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He developed Nate Livings from an undrafted free agent to a player who got  $22 million contract.

He developed Stacy Andrews from a guy who did not even play football in college to a guy who got a $40 million free agent contract.

He developed undrafted Kyle Cook into a very good center.

He developed 4th round pick Anthony Collins into a guy who got a $30 million ree agent contract.

He developed Clint Boling froma 4th round pick to a guy who got a $26 million contract.

Rich Braham was cut by the Cardinals before Alexander developed him into a very good center.

I'm not sure what their contract size has to do with anything.  Are we now saying that the position coaches for players like Antonio Bryant are automatically above average because a player they coached was overpaid?

I mean, call me crazy, but wouldn't the best way to judge a coaches job on a player be the actual level of play?

Nate Livings only started for one season is Dallas and hasn't played since.  He was only 29 when he made his last start.  And, he wasn't very good for the bulk of his time here either.  He had a couple adequate years and a team greatly overpaid for it.  The fact you're using NATE LIVINGS as an example of good coaching shows just how desperate you are.

Anthony Collins was a career backup here.  He only finally saw starts because of injury.  Prior to TB he never saw more than 7 starts in a season.  Even in Tampa Bay he only saw 10.  Another player who was greatly overpaid and who is now without a team, after only one season elsewhere.  Again, the fact you're using him as an example, when you have over 20 years of history, shows how desperate you are.

I'm not sure what you're implying about Clint Boling.  Since when is developing a 4th round guard into an average starters contract a huge accomplishment?  Someone has to start, and someone is going to get paid starter's money.  1st round guard are somewhat of a rarity and were virtually unheard of until recently.  That means the bulk of starters around the league came after, many in the middle rounds.  I'm not saying he's done bad with Boling, but I don't know how it's an example of great coaching.

Rich Braham saw every snap of entire career here and was a former 3rd round pick.  Many forget that he didn't make the move to center and didn't really hit stride until after he was 30.  Which make you wonder what took so long.  He spent 5 years he as a guard, and he wasn't that good either.  All that said, Braham may be his best coaching job.

You've got 22 years to work with.  Yet we're left debating contract size rather than actual level of play.  If this is the best you got then I think you may be making the very point you're arguing against.  Pretty weak list for the dozens upon dozens of players he's had the opportunity to coach up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More proof of how good Paul Alexander is - Wes Mantooth - 08-03-2015, 01:44 PM