Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More proof of how good Paul Alexander is
(08-03-2015, 04:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Maybe he only ever wanted to be an OL coach? 
Maybe he had no interest in dealing with WRs, QBs and shit?

Howard Mudd only ever coached OL
Jim McNally only ever coached OL

Technically after becoming a "coach" with a "title" McNally only had 4 "promotions"

Look what happened when Mike Munchak got promoted....
Do they suck too? 

Munchak got hosed......but that's another topic.....I thought he did an admirable job, all things considered, in Tennessee for his first HC gig.

.....you may be right.....but McNally was coaching in Super Bowls, and has a HOFer on his resume.....Howard Mudd was an innovator, along with Peyton and Co in Indy.

If we were some sort of powerhouse, winning playoff games, going to Super Bowls, and actually "imposing our will" on folks like our OC suggests we do, I'd have to give these theories a little more thought.  That's not the case here.......and we had to go with unbalanced line sets to have our best numbers running the football in recent years.......

FWIW, I don't think the guy is absolutely God awful terrible, that's message board hyperbole......I do, however, think he is vastly overrated on here, and I think that this team could do better, and it is beyond time to move on.  He's serviceable, but we could, and should be doing better.....

Funny you mention Munchak, we should've dropped Paulie like a bad habit and went after him with both barrels blazing when he became available.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More proof of how good Paul Alexander is - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-03-2015, 04:15 PM