Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excited about this draft class.We just got better dramatically.
Draft class was amazing IMO (and I'm not the type that gets excited every year no matter who we take).

That said, free agency was awful and the o-line blows hard on paper.

They were talking on radio last night about the Seahawks not doing enough to help Russell Wilson because his line is terrible. Wilson was sacked 41 times last year (same as Dalton) and put up nearly identical numbers. So the perception for Dalton should be the same. I'm thrilled with the additions of Ross and Mixon...and even some of the others we drafted (most of whom will get overhyped), but as happy as I am about that, I have to keep it real about the line. It was awful last year and we did zilch to improve it. In fact, it got worse on paper. The only hope people can cling to is that Ogbuehi and Fisher improve massively while Andre stays healthy and has a smooth transition to a new position.

That's a bunch of gigantic if's and I wouldn't say any of them are likely to happen. This roster is still good enough to contend for a championship...outside of the o-line, but I don't see how anyone can come up with realistic reasons for optimism with that position group. Then of course, we still have the same staff in place that's goose egg in the playoffs.

Long story short...I love this draft class, but I'm not sure it will offset the o-line and coaching issues.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excited about this draft class.We just got better dramatically. - Shake n Blake - 04-30-2017, 05:19 PM