Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What draft pick would you have changed for Oline?
(04-30-2017, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm seeing both on here and Nationally that our draft is taking ahit because we "did not address the oline",So my question is to you and them: What Olineman would you have taken in the first 4 rounds instead of the players we got?

I mentioned first 4 rounds because a few folks are saying we should have taken Player X instead of the kicker in the 5th (BTW, we needed a kicker). So instead of complaining tell me who you would have taken

We really need to rep this post and think realistically.  I could name maybe two players, but even then neither would have any realistic impact or upside beyond Westerman,  a current backup.  It's one thing to land a gem in a deep draft, but I'm not sure how a 4th rd pick was going to save the season.  

The current unit is playing sink or swim. If they falter they'll go with the same fallback of Andre RT, Fisher LT, Westerman RG, etc... a guy like Sharpe would have been groomed in practice and sat and watched a guy like Winston play instead.  Next year they can draft one higher in a better class or actually sign one.  We need to think about how much of an impact a 4th rounder was going to make. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What draft pick would you have changed for Oline? - phil413 - 04-30-2017, 11:12 PM