Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm gonna get ripped for this lafffell hate.
(04-30-2017, 11:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: LaFell was a solid, consistent contributor last year and earned his contract this year. If the Bengals can find a replacement ST from their draft (likely Brandon Wilson) that can return kicks and punts about as well as Erickson, I think Erickson is gone. Core showed more promise than Erickson as a receiver. They would be worried about exposing Core or Malone to the PS. If LaFell is cut, it likely will come next year, not this year. This will be a good position group to watch through TC and preseason games.
Erickson was a beast in the return game. Hea an all pro returner in rookie year. Hes not leaving.
(04-30-2017, 02:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Don't pencil in Ross as a day 1 starter. I know we picked him in the top 10 and generally speaking a top 10 pick should be a day 1 starter for every position except maybe QB, but you have to go all the way back to Kevin to Zeitller to find a 1 round pick that started day 1 for the Bengals.

So LaFell was not a bad guy to keep around, at least for this year.

If you remember Marvin Jones took a year to work his way into the line up. Core has speed, but he didn't excite when he had a chance to get on the field last year.

The team definitely upgraded the speed at the WR spot his week end.
Well to be fair a lot of our first rounders are hurt/get hurt ala ogbuehi, wjiii, etc.
(04-30-2017, 04:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wanted to keep LaFell after drafting Ross...but after drafting Malone in the 4th, I think we're good.

I wouldn't mind keeping LaFell around for veteran depth (I DO NOT want LaFell starting over Ross), but I won't be upset if they decide to cut him, either.
This was me. Lafell would be a great 4th, but once we drafted malone......
(04-30-2017, 06:06 PM)pulses Wrote: Erickson will be gone !  Wilson can do the returns and we keep our most talented WR's. People act like Erickson is an all pro LOL
He is an all pro returner. Rookie year. Next devin hester.
(04-30-2017, 07:31 PM)J24 Wrote: We will probably go 7 at WR considering they always keep one for Gunner which will be core.
And where do we keep less players??
(05-01-2017, 12:18 AM)Shady Wrote: Ross and Malone will be upgrades at the position at some point, provided they stay healthy and develop as expected. Ross could earn more playing time sooner by virtue of being a 1st Round pick, but he'll have to earn it. Malone might have to work a bit harder to see as much playing time. LaFell is solid insurance as a vet, but he'll stay the #2 WR until Ross displaces him.

Green
LaFell
Boyd
Core
Ross
Malone
Erickson (?)

That's one hell of a depth chart at WR
What is our 53 gonna look like?? Me personally im perfectly fine only taking 4 lbs into game day. We have to make cuts ssomewhere. Dline wise atkins, hardison, billings, dunlap, johnson, clarke, 3 draft picks, gillberry, and ik im forgetting a few. We had to many draft picks. So maybe we go in with 1 less wr?? 2 less lb? Idk. As far as lafell, interesting that ourlads.com had ross as the slot starting wr with boyd at wr 4.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm gonna get ripped for this lafffell hate. - Jpoore - 05-01-2017, 01:02 AM