Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades!
(05-01-2017, 01:18 PM)3wt Wrote:   We significantly strengthened the pass rush potential with Willis and Lawson, and I think Glasgow may be one of the more undervalued picks in the draft.  I looked at film on him.  He's a stud in the run game.  Stud.  Destroyed Elflein.  Rarely if ever goes backwards.  Our D-line coach raved about his technique.  And on film I thought he did a good job of shedding and penetrating.  That's huge from my perspective.  Stuffs the run, collapses the pocket and penetrates.  That's a pretty complete defensive tackle and will help us to compete in the AFC North.

Agreed on Glasgow. I think in a season or two he could really help out. He doesn't stand out a lot in film (to me anyway) but I think that's because he's just the kind of guy that's doing his job. It's not like he's popping out with huge plays here and there, then disappearing.

(05-01-2017, 01:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The only picks I thought were head scratchers:
Josh Malone - I would have looked for OL here, but I can understand the pick. It was a selection for the future and really gives the Bengals great WR depth.

JJ Dielman - I wasn't a fan of this selection after seeing what he does and doesn't do well. But we know PA loves his versatile linemen when it comes to depth. Like many college OL nowadays, Dielman needs to really build up his strength before he sees the field.

Mason Schreck - This guy was really off the radar. Just like James Wright a couple years ago, I feel this one came out of left field and people will question it over some more talked-about TEs (Cole Hikutini specifically). I have to wonder if they weren't hoping Bucky Hodges would have fallen to this pick instead given how far he already dropped.

With who we had as WR, backup OL and TE, personally I'd have rather one of those picks go towards another kicker to compete or (with the Malone pick) a lineman on either side to compete. I'll be surprised if more than one makes it on the team. Which isn't a knock — we've got a lot of good players on the bench and we had a lot of picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - Benton - 04-30-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - 3wt - 05-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - Benton - 05-01-2017, 02:37 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - CJD - 05-01-2017, 10:43 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - J24 - 05-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM