Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades!
(05-01-2017, 03:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1 & 2. That's fine, but just keep in mind that you're disagreeing with the tape and pretty much every scouting report out there. Not sure why you're being so stubborn.

LOL

My wife says the same thing.

Quote:3. Ok, so I guess you're indifferent and that's why you made a multi-paragraph thread on the subject.   Smirk

I don't usually get very vocal on the team, outside of 'hey I like that,' 'that could have gone better' etc. I was just really disappointed in this year's draft.

Quote:4. From what I've heard, Gio won't be ready and Ross will be...if that's what you're talking about. Could be a coaching problem/scheme fit with Hill. Who knows? What I do know is that Hill has averaged 3.7 YPC over the last 2 years and that's unacceptable. I've always thought the line was a huge part of it, and I guess to an extent it probably is, but Burkhead looked great behind the same line. That softened my stance on that subject. I was ready for new talent at the position. I guess that's just where we disagree. 

So it looks like you're just mad annoyed that the Bengals didn't take a DE in the first couple rounds. Lawson/Willis didn't do enough for you there? I mean they both were viewed as players that could've went sooner. Both great athletes that produced. I'd say at least one of them has a great chance to crack the rotation and make an impact. Who is in their way? Gilberry? 

Offensively (bigger problem than defense), the line was clearly a need that we should've taken more seriously...but other than line/coaching (neither of which could be fixed in this draft), speed, rushing and overall playmaking were without a doubt weaknesses. I'd say we fixed those issues, on paper. 

Then of course, they hammered away on the d-line after that. I feel they addressed all the issues they could, and did so in the correct order. Just trying to help you feel better, although it seems you're pretty set on your opinion for now. Hopefully these guys prove you wrong.

I appreciate everyone else's posts in the thread on the players. I will say my stance on Mixon has softened some. I still tend to think a lot of it is coaching/line problems... but maybe it's more than Hill doesn't listen to Caskey or work well with the line. Whatever it is, I hope Mixon fixes the issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - Benton - 04-30-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - Benton - 05-01-2017, 04:47 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - 3wt - 05-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - CJD - 05-01-2017, 10:43 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - J24 - 05-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM