Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades!
(05-01-2017, 06:20 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Well, no, I'm not actually wrong, you aren't actually right. The Bengals may not be right, because no one will know until about 5 years down the road when we see articles about re-picking this draft class and who stuck in the league, who's dominating at there position, and who isn't even active on a roster. 

And I think almost every team gets there first round wrong, because they don't know what's going to happen to a player. They look for the players that are at the top of there position, pick a guy that fits a need or bpa and hope they don't go Ryan Leaf on them or get hit by a plane.

That honestly is my opinion about the first round. "hey, that guy's good! Let's draft one of these guys if they are there! Yay, we got'em! OH GOD HERE COMES BILL ROMANOWSKI!"

We're talking about their percieved value right now though. Mock drafts were wrong about a lot of guys this year, so you really can't say "this guy was a reach" or "this guy was a steal", because ultimately...the teams doing the drafting saw it differently. 

I do agree that ultimately it's all a crap shoot and all this back and forth we're having is pointless. Ross could be a HOFer and he could also be a total bust. That goes for anybody. I loved the pick, yall didn't. I can't wait to see him in camp though.

(05-01-2017, 07:43 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: BPA probably would have been Jonathan Allen or Reuben Foster or one of the OSU guys. 

Allen went 17th and Foster went 31st. So you're saying we reached on Ross and these guys would've been better values at #9? 

Is it just me or does that make no sense? A lot of teams passed on these guys...not just the Bengals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - Benton - 04-30-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - 3wt - 05-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - Shake n Blake - 05-01-2017, 07:57 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - CJD - 05-01-2017, 10:43 PM
RE: Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - J24 - 05-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Wasn't a fan. With draft grades! - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM