Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excited about this draft class.We just got better dramatically.
(04-30-2017, 02:29 PM)Okeana Wrote: Look im down for talking about who we should have taken and why, but simply saying hes gonna ride bench 4 years and never do anything.  Thats not a contrast of opinion its just trolling because you didn't like the pick.  Tell me exactly why the ross pick was bad ?

Size ?

He's bigger and faster than two of the best receivers in the nfl in d jackson and b cooks,  lets even throw in wes welker for good measure.  5'11" 185 is not small and he can add some more to his frame without it destroying his speed.  

Over Drafted ?  

Before combine he was considered a top 20 player.  After the combine he somehow drops after setting the record ?  The tape doesn't lie this guy is an all around receiver and not just a sideline speed guy.  his routes are crisp, his hands are above average, and he's gotten better every single year.  He has also played corner so he can diagnose defenses better than most receivers.

Injury ?

He tore his acl which tore his meniscus at the same time.  It hasn't been re injured and by his own words he got faster and he has no lingering issues after the surgery.  He was super young when it happened and everything went perfect.  The rejuvenation of youth isn't to be overlooked with injuries like this.  

Last year he tore his shoulder and played the entire season putting up the best numbers of his career.  They repaired it and he said he's ready by training camp.  again he's 21 now and youth will fix this minor injury.

Scheme? 

Lastly and most importantly he's a perfect scheme fit to improve our team.  We need a dynamic fast receiver and we got the fastest guy without any of the pitfalls most other speed guys come with.  AJ Green improves with this pick, the run game improves with this pick, and he adds that top speed aspect this team has long needed.  This team 2 years ago actually used brandon TATE! imagine what a guy like Ross brings to a team over a guy like Tate or Lafell 

Intangibles?

This is a highly competitive football player.  Not a track star converted to play football.  He's a chippy guy who plays with some anger on the field and off the field he's a business man.  No character issues,  No distractions, and is basically another AJ Green style pro.  Lastly he had a chance to win an island at the combine, but instead he ran in nike shoes which is a brand he's preferred his whole life.  Which means this guy doesn't roll over for money and hes not a sell out.

Nice read.
I was already excited about the pick.You just enforced it even more.I wanted Williams but the more I look at it I think Ross can be used so many other different ways.Bigger is not always better and I think ( hope) Core can turn into that type of receiver Williams .I just hope Zamp plays Ross right and lines him up everywhere.Keep defenses guessing and take full advantage of that speed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excited about this draft class.We just got better dramatically. - Striped4war - 05-02-2017, 08:31 AM