Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's odd remarks on the Civil War
(05-01-2017, 05:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Given Jackson's temperament and disregard for political norms it's not surprising at all that Trump holds him in esteem.  This thread raises a point though.  For all the talk from the left about how unintelligent, and thus dangerous, Trump is, does anyone think George W. Bush is smarter than Trump? 

I want to say that I don't think Trump is unintelligent, I think he is ignorant to how government works. I don't like Trump, I think he is a con-man and has no business in the role he is in, but you still have to have some intelligence to get there. I don't think he has a thirst for knowledge. I think he gets distracted easily and isn't willing to put in the effort to really learn the details he needs to know even at high levels. That isn't a lack of intelligence, it's just his personality.

Bush II had a personality problem, as well, and that was letting those around him really shape his policy for the first bit of his time in office. It wasn't until the last two years or so that we really saw him put his own ideology to work. At least based on my opinions of it. He didn't have the ignorance, though, that Trump displays and he saw value in learning.

Anyway, I don't think either has a lack of intelligence. It just boils down to values.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump's odd remarks on the Civil War - Belsnickel - 05-02-2017, 10:36 AM