Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup'
(05-02-2017, 10:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Great stuff!!! If Hill goes back to his rookie self and hangs onto his position, fine, but he better run it hard everytime because if he doesn't Mixon is the man. Win win for us..... Maurice Jones Drew, who knows a thing or two about running backs, said on Sirius before the draft that Mixon was the best back out of any of them.... better that Fournette, better than Cook, better than all of them.....

I think that if Mixon didn't split carries in 2015 & 2016 he would have had a chance to be seen that way, yes.

Instead, he makes a terrible decision in 2014 and is suspended for the 2014 season, leaving the door open for Perine, who in 2014 looked like a Heisman candidate in Mixon's absence as he got to carry the load with a less active platooning partner.

Mixon and Perine did extremely well running for OK the past few seasons. Perine's averages, while still impressive, went down over his 3 year career. Mixon was able to keep the same YPC (2015 6.7 / 2016 6.8), even with a ton more touches in 2016 (113 / 187).

I'm now interested in what kind of talent was on the OK line 2014 through now and if those guys have come out in the draft yet, or if their rushing success was due in large part to scheme/coaching. Their YPC is IMPRESSIVE across the board nomatter who was running!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup' - PDub80 - 05-02-2017, 10:47 AM