Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup'
(05-01-2017, 05:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm pulling for him to put it all back together now.  I want him to play so well, the coaches have a major issue taking him off the field until 25 can come back.

You really need to watch tape on Mixon, because Hill has about as much of a chance of starting this year as I do.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:27 PM)Housh Wrote: People need to get it through their heads that its perfectly ok to hate a running back who fumbles games away.

Its like people are trying to make people feel guilty for hating a running back who cant hold on to the ball in the clutch.

Brainwashed Bengals fans FTW

Is it perfectly ok to hate a QB who has fumbled and threw away playoff games in multiple years?

[Image: DALTON2.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 06:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is it perfectly ok to hate a QB who has fumbled and threw away playoff games in multiple years?

Sure is. If someone hates Andy Dalton id understand why. Don't agree, but id understand why
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: Stats dont tell an entire story.  How many countless games did you watch gio rip off 60 yard runs to the 1 yard line and hill run it 1 yard for a TD only to celebrate like he's bo jackson.  Give me a break this kid has always and will always be garbage.  He acts like a 10 year old.  He isn't even comparable to Mixon in any way.  I mean how can any self respecting Bengal support this kid after that playoff game.  If Gio wouldn't have been targeted and knocked out we would have won 100%

1. Gio has exactly one play in his entire career that went for more than 46 yards, back in 2014. Hill has actually busted more long plays than Gio by far, believe it or not.

2. If that QB that people pretend was a hero wouldn't have fumbled 3 times, killed a bunch of drives, led the offense to 0 points and threw a pick through 90% of the game, Hill would've been more of a hero than a villain, and that fumble would've been irrelevant. Unfortunately we didn't have a QB capable of taking advantage of the 30th ranked pass defense he was facing.

I'm not defending Hill. I want Mixon to take his job, but I hate misconceptions. Gio hasn't been the big playmaker that everyone thinks he is, and I think Hill gets a disproportionate amount of blame for that playoff loss. There were several chefs cooking up that disaster.

(05-01-2017, 06:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is it perfectly ok to hate a QB who has fumbled and threw away playoff games in multiple years?

Dalton is just another in a lengthy list of players that choked under Marvin Lewis.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Oh man that one was a dandy by Andy. Pretty much sums up the entire organization right there. Wasted

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 07:01 PM)Housh Wrote: Sure is. If someone hates Andy Dalton id understand why. Don't agree, but id understand why

What about Aaron Rodgers?

Do smart fans hate him because he fumbled away a playoff game?

The only people who claim Hill deserves to be banished forever for one fumble are the ones who hated him before the fumble.  Hills porduction has dropped the last two years an i can understand anyone who complains about that.  But the people sqealing about how one fumble defines an entire career are ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 08:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What about Aaron Rodgers?

The only people who claim Hill deserves to be banished forever for one fumble are the ones who hated him before the fumble.  Hills porduction has dropped the last two years an i can understand anyone who complains about that.  But the people sqealing about how one fumble defines an entire career are ridiculous.

I dislike him for that fumble, but that's not the only reason. I don't think he plays hard. He had a great rookie season, and since then he hits the back of the line and falls down. Oh, and he was all about not dancing last year, just getting into the end zone and getting back to the playoffs. That lasted about 5 games and the dancing clown returned. Dancing when your team is having a losing season pisses me off. Hill pisses me off.. I don't hate him, if he gets back to being what he was, great. But as long as he's 2 yard Jeremy I want Mixon to take his spot and keep it....
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  But as long as he's 2 yard Jeremy I want Mixon to take his spot and keep it....

What does "2 yard Jeremy" mean?

Hating on a player for "dancing" is ridiculous.  Some of the best players in the league are like that.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 08:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What does "2 yard Jeremy" mean?

Hating on a player for "dancing" is ridiculous.  Some of the best players in the league are like that.

Well when he plays like one of the best players in the league again, dance away....
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 06:18 PM)Okeana Wrote: Fred i distinctly remember you being a huge supporter of Hill when for years ive said he was no good.  I'm glad you have come around.

What does this mean?  I have not changed my position on Hill recently.  What would have given you that impression?

I mon't remember your position on Hill.  But I know some people did not like him when we drafted him.  Are you one of those guys?  Because I remember all of them shut up during the '14 season.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 08:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well when he plays like one of the best players in the league again, dance away....

Nothing worse than a hypocrit.

"I hate players who celebrate, unless they help my team win."
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 08:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What about Aaron Rodgers?

Fair points here, Fred.

While I have no problem being salty over the fumble, I don't wish Jeremy Hill failure. I wish him supreme success while he's a Bengal. It's self defeating to wish him to fail - and this is coming from someone who thinks Joe Mixon could be the 2nd coming of Eric Dickerson. I couldn't be more excited that the Bengals drafted him and he was my only wish among this years draft class for the Bengals.

I think why Bengals fans struggle to stay on board with Hill is that he flashed what he was capable of in 2014, and then has failed to reach or exceed that mark. Then, on top of that, he made a boneheaded play to start the decent into the abyss against the most hated team in Bengals modern history.

But, letting the above go, there's been no progression of his career path and he looks like a shell of the 2014 version of himself. That's no reason to give up on the guy completely, but I can understand that, after giving him two seasons after 2014 to figure it out, why the Bengals went and grabbed another guy to bring along into the "main guy" role. Especially after paying Gio and Hill being on the last year of his deal. They did it with Rudi Johnson - Chris Perry. They did it with BJGE - Gio Bernard & then Hill.

I think the O-Line didn't do ANYONE any favors in 2016, but it these issues weren't around in 2015, when Hill started going down, uh.... Hill.

Adding fuel to that fire is the fact that a guy whom fans thought may be talented but didn't get many shots on game days, Burkhead,  came in behind that same 2016 O-Line and looked really strong. He produced. So, given that fact, Jeremy Hill's entire 2016 looked worse. I think people bought the O-line stinks excuse until another guy came in and made it happen. And then when that guy, Burkhead is allowed to leave via FA, I think that makes people extra salty at Hill.... unjustly so, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 09:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing worse than a hypocrit.

"I hate players who celebrate, unless they help my team win."

Nothing hypocritical about it. I dislike football players dancing in the end zone. I DESPISE players dancing in the end zone when their team is having a losing season. How hard is that???
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing hypocritical about it. I dislike football players dancing in the end zone. I DESPISE players dancing in the end zone when their team is having a losing season. How hard is that???

Nothing hard about it.

Agree 100%.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 06:20 PM)Okeana Wrote: You really need to watch tape on Mixon, because Hill has about as much of a chance of starting this year as I do.

I've watched some....but these aren't the glory days of the Big 12.....that said, we all know what Hill's chances are.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 10:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: I've watched some....but these aren't the glory days of the Big 12.....that said, we all know what Hill's chances are.

I agree, but what about the BIG10?

Ohio State, specifically...

Mixon's stat line that game...

9 for 78 (8.7 per), 2 rec for 15, 3 KR for 133, long of 96 and a TD.

Or the SEC? Against a ranked Auburn in their bowl game...

19 for 91 (4.8 per) 2TD, 5 rec for 89 (17.8 per)

And he was splitting carries!!!!

If this kid had been given the workload of Fournette from 2015 until now he would have had a chance to go #1 overall. He was THAT dominant against all competition. We'll never know, but I think his body of work shows a hardworking, productive player regardless of competition.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 10:16 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I agree, but what about the BIG10?

Ohio State, specifically...

Mixon's stat line that game...

9 for 78 (8.7 per), 2 rec for 15, 3 KR for 133, long of 96 and a TD.

Or the SEC? Against a ranked Auburn in their bowl game...

19 for 91 (4.8 per) 2TD, 5 rec for 89 (17.8 per)

And he was splitting carries!!!!

If this kid had been given the workload of Fournette from 2015 until now he would have had a chance to go #1 overall. He was THAT dominant against all competition. We'll never know, but I think his body of work shows a hardworking, productive player regardless of competition.

Couple of impressive games, no doubt.....but does he have those numbers in the weekly grind of good competition every game?  I'm not much on the Big 10 either (and not an OSU fan)....top loaded with a couple of good teams, the rest aren't much.  He looks the part, we'll soon see if he is.  That said, showing highlight reels against UL Monroe, Houston, Tulsa, et al...doesn't really prove a case.  Two things are for certain, he's got some speed, and good hands.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 10:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: Couple of impressive games, no doubt.....but does he have those numbers in the weekly grind of good competition every game?  I'm not much on the Big 10 either (and not an OSU fan)....top loaded with a couple of good teams, the rest aren't much.  He looks the part, we'll soon see if he is.  That said, showing highlight reels against UL Monroe, Houston, Tulsa, et al...doesn't really prove a case.  Two things are for certain, he's got some speed, and good hands.

Super fair points.

Until any of these guys do it on Sundays, it's all just college hype, right?

He can't help who he plays on OK schedule. All he can do is produce against them, which he did.

Hands, speed, explosiveness. But man, the vision and patience he has is really impressive, too.

He could bust like any draft pick. He's got the tools. Like any of them. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
Great stuff!!! If Hill goes back to his rookie self and hangs onto his position, fine, but he better run it hard everytime because if he doesn't Mixon is the man. Win win for us..... Maurice Jones Drew, who knows a thing or two about running backs, said on Sirius before the draft that Mixon was the best back out of any of them.... better that Fournette, better than Cook, better than all of them.....
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 10:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Great stuff!!! If Hill goes back to his rookie self and hangs onto his position, fine, but he better run it hard everytime because if he doesn't Mixon is the man. Win win for us..... Maurice Jones Drew, who knows a thing or two about running backs, said on Sirius before the draft that Mixon was the best back out of any of them.... better that Fournette, better than Cook, better than all of them.....

I think that if Mixon didn't split carries in 2015 & 2016 he would have had a chance to be seen that way, yes.

Instead, he makes a terrible decision in 2014 and is suspended for the 2014 season, leaving the door open for Perine, who in 2014 looked like a Heisman candidate in Mixon's absence as he got to carry the load with a less active platooning partner.

Mixon and Perine did extremely well running for OK the past few seasons. Perine's averages, while still impressive, went down over his 3 year career. Mixon was able to keep the same YPC (2015 6.7 / 2016 6.8), even with a ton more touches in 2016 (113 / 187).

I'm now interested in what kind of talent was on the OK line 2014 through now and if those guys have come out in the draft yet, or if their rushing success was due in large part to scheme/coaching. Their YPC is IMPRESSIVE across the board nomatter who was running!
Reply/Quote