Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup'
I think Hill and Mixon will split carries while Gio is brought along slowly.

Then Hill will either be better or he'll be phased out.

As simple as that.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No, it doesn't come off cocky and entitled.

As I wrote, can't wait to see people like you eat **** when he runs amok this year.

The only way someone other than Hill gets the majority of carries this year, is if he's hurt.

Have at me.

Paycheck time, and they drafted a kid with a lot of hype. I think he will run angrier and perhaps score 10 TDs. Perhaps reach his rookie season numbers.

I also think it's possible that if Mixon begins to openly outplay him, he may suddenly come up "injured". I wouldn't see that happening until at least mid-season, and if both can stay healthy.

I will just say, for the sake of the team and all of us, hopefully both of these players become mentally tougher. If that happens, they may actually compliment each other quite well. Here's to hoping for the best.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No, it doesn't come off cocky and entitled.

As I wrote, can't wait to see people like you eat **** when he runs amok this year.

The only way someone other than Hill gets the majority of carries this year, is if he's hurt.

Have at me.

Hill is gonna be phased out of the offense by week 8
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 12:05 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Hill is gonna be phased out of the offense by week 8

Wanna bet, Eox? Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 12:05 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Hill is gonna be phased out of the offense by week 8

I agree !
Reply/Quote
I'm not giving up on J. Hill. Maybe he'll quit trying to dance and just run the damn ball like he did his rookie season. So what if we have 3 good backs? We don't even know how Gio's going to be when he gets back? May the best player win the job. (Of course, I think that will be Mixon, but competition is a good thing.)
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
If Hill comes to camp 10-15 lbs lighter, he has a chance to do damage. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Per NFLN when they covered the pick in the draft post mortem Rapoport did say that he had hard from the coaches that part of why Mixon was picked was to send Hill a message - step up or be benched.
Reply/Quote
Hill will be fine. It's HIS position to lose, not the other way around. Hill, Mixon, and Bernard is a good backfield.

Reply/Quote
Idk how some are so confident Hill's starting job is secure. Guy has averaged 3.8 yrds per carry last couple years. And those numbers are skewed by big games against Cleveland.

Mixon could very well jump ahead of him.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk how some are so confident Hill's starting job is secure. Guy has averaged 3.8 yrds per carry last couple years. And those numbers are skewed by big games against Cleveland.

Mixon could very well jump ahead of him.

Because..... Bengals

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:50 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Because..... Bengals

Umm because Mixon is the better talent by far.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:53 AM)pulses Wrote: Umm because Mixon is the better talent by far.

Agreed. But will the Bengals actually allow him to compete?  History says no.

Reply/Quote
as bad as hill sucks and as good as mixon is coupled in with Gio not being healthy at the start of the season...YES.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals did not prep themselves for all the hate and backlash for Mixon to sit on the bench.
He will get an opportunity early. I think Hill's leash is a lot shorter than what some on here think. Especially when Gio returns.
Reply/Quote
Historically, you don't return from an ACL injury and be immediately back to your best (apart from Adrian Peterson), so the odds are that Hill and Mixon will be our starting RBs for the first quarter of the season. This gives Hill an opportunity to prove that he is the runner we drafted rather than the runner from the past two seasons.

If I were to place a bet, I'd say we don't extend Hill's contract next year. But who knows? Maybe the lights will come on and we'll have the best backfield in the league for the next decade?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 05:54 AM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Historically, you don't return from an ACL injury and be immediately back to your best (apart from Adrian Peterson), so the odds are that Hill and Mixon will be our starting RBs for the first quarter of the season.  This gives Hill an opportunity to prove that he is the runner we drafted rather than the runner from the past two seasons.

If I were to place a bet, I'd say we don't extend Hill's contract next year.  But who knows?  Maybe the lights will come on and we'll have the best backfield in the league for the next decade?

They already allocated a lot of money to Gio. Hill will not be back next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 06:10 AM)pulses Wrote: They already allocated a lot of money to Gio. Hill will not be back next year.

This right here.  Hill isn't getting re-signed.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 07:03 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: This right here.  Hill isn't getting re-signed.

Contract year? Ala Kirk... He'll have 1,000 + yard season.

Reply/Quote

Have at me.

I guess we'll see if your crystal ball is better than his.

The evidence does strongly suggest that Hill's days of running amok are behind him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote