Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup'
(04-13-2017, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's a good question...if Hill has a good year this year (a contract year), should the Bengals try to re-sign him after drafting another RB high? Or just let him walk regardless?

I think Hobson addressed this recently and his take was Hill isn't being resigned no matter what because Gio got the big money allotted to RBs in the Bengals cap priority model.

To OP, yes the rookie will be a backup this year and the starter next, while Hill will be a backup somewhere else's next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 08:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No ity would not.  That is just ridiculous.  Every RB fumbles from time to time.

Aaron Rodgers lost a playoff game for the Packers by fumbling in overtime.  But for some reason the packers did not immediately cut him.
Well, when he gets even to the same universe as Aaron Rodgers, we'll give him a pass.  Until then, not so much.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 11:09 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I expect him to put his nose to the grindstone and get busy. There is no need for a comment from a back 2 years removed from his best season. You'd think Jeremy would have his fill of humble pie by now.

I miss when players actually earned the right to run their mouth instead of this blind egotistical non-sense. Now every player announces they will be the best before they are drafted and it's a sign they are competitive instead of delusional.

Not to be too picky, but when was the last time anyone who played for the Bengals really earned the right to "run his mouth" anyways?  Even when we do well we still make sure to leave the general public with images of us playing like a 4-12 squad in prime-time and the playoffs.  Any amount of confidence exuded by a Bengals player is just going to be fluffy bs until things change.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't wait to see everyone in this thread (you know who you are) eat major crow.

AT LEAST 4.3 YPC this year, bank on it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 12:22 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Can't wait to see everyone in this thread (you know who you are) eat major crow.

AT LEAST 4.3 YPC this year, bank on it.

1. Did you also make predictions of his last two seasons being good?

2. If he waits until his contract year to be decent again, and does it behind the Og/Boling/Bodine/Smith/Fisher line, then I think we need to start wondering if he could have always done it, and simply had no drive/motivation to do so. In which case, don't pay him because he's just going to right back to being a turd again. See: Doug Martin.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 12:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sing us a song you're the piano man..... oh wait, he's our O-line coach  Hilarious

Thanks to Wyche, every time I hear that song, I think of Paul Alexander. Dammit Wyche...you ruined Billy Joel for me.  Gaah
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 12:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1. Did you also make predictions of his last two seasons being good?

2. If he waits until his contract year to be decent again, and does it behind the Og/Boling/Bodine/Smith/Fisher line, then I think we need to start wondering if he could have always done it, and simply had no drive/motivation to do so. In which case, don't pay him because he's just going to right back to being a turd again. See: Doug Martin.

It will be bitter sweet if Hill breaks out this year. How can a player not be motivated with the great Marvin Lewis as coach. I agree with you 100%. I'm hoping we go RB with one of our first three picks.
Reply/Quote
I liked what Hill said. Honestly, I'd rather take confidence, than him act pathetic.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 12:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Thanks to Wyche, every time I hear that song, I think of Paul Alexander. Dammit Wyche...you ruined Billy Joel for me.  Gaah

Muahaha   You're welcome! Muahaha

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hill needs to run "angry" and quit pussyfooting around.
Reply/Quote
2 Yard Jeremy needs to show it on the field instead of running his mouth.... I hope they take running backs high and late in the draft that surpass him and place him 4th string.... he can let the trainers know when the Gatorade needs to be refilled. He can't refill it, because he'd fumble the cooler and make a mess, but he can monitor it while dancing behind the trainer's table... yeah, that's a good job for him....
Reply/Quote
Hill is head case. That is why he stutters steps at the line.

The Bengals need a bruising running back that is decisive.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I think this was the generation that started using the 'participation trophies'...

[Image: participation-trophies.jpg]

Jeremy, do more, say less.

As far as I'm concerned, he's got the target on his back this season until he proves himself worthy of another contract.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 11:37 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I think this was the generation that started using the 'participation trophies'...

As far as I'm concerned, he's got the target on his back this season until he proves himself worthy of another contract.

That picture looks familiar for some reason... Smirk

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 11:37 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I think this was the generation that started using the 'participation trophies'...

Really it was the parents that started them because they couldn't stand the thought of the kids not getting trophies. They then blame the kids for them. Not a smart group of parents.
Reply/Quote

Geez, competition is such a terrible thing... Shocked
Reply/Quote
Forgot this... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
He's got confidence..

I like that... convert that confidence to production to the field.

He's not saying that he's good or whatever, he's saying that he's having a great off season (like he did in the interview) and that he's ready to show the NFL & coaches that the last 2 seasons were a fluke (something else he said)...

I couldn't be any more happy with what he said, exactly what I want him to say. That he's confident in himself and that he is willing to compete and that's why he's in this league (something else he said).

Stop taking things out of context for ***** sake... goodness.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Saw this a few days back and told myself id comment on it if we drafted a RB high.

This statement just comes off as cocky and entitled.

Like ANY back we draft is likely gonna be behind you bro? Even before you see who we draft? What if we drafted Fournette? That kid would've flat out made Hill useless when Gio comes back.

Dude needs to check himself because good running backs don't fumble at the worst times like he does.

He singlehandedly snatched a sure playoff win out of our hands and wants to pull this cocky bullshit? GTFOH Hill
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:47 PM)Housh Wrote: Saw this a few days back and told myself id comment on it if we drafted a RB high.

This statement just comes off as cocky and entitled.

Like ANY back we draft is likely gonna be behind you bro? Even before you see who we draft? What if we drafted Fournette? That kid would've flat out made Hill useless when Gio comes back.

Dude needs to check himself because good running backs don't fumble at the worst times like he does.

He singlehandedly snatched a sure playoff win out of our hands and wants to pull this cocky bullshit? GTFOH Hill

No, it doesn't come off cocky and entitled.

As I wrote, can't wait to see people like you eat **** when he runs amok this year.

The only way someone other than Hill gets the majority of carries this year, is if he's hurt.

Have at me.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote