Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup'
I highly doubt with letting Burkhead leave and Gio's condition coupled with Hill's final contract year... that Mixon will live in the shadows.

You would think he'd be priority material for sure.

Hill is like the G rated version of Pacman.

He opens his mouth and stupid words just fall out.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:47 PM)Housh Wrote: This statement just comes off as cocky and entitled.

Only because you hated Hill before he said it.  If it was a player you lkiked you would be complimenting his confidence.

(04-29-2017, 10:47 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude needs to check himself because good running backs don't fumble at the worst times like he does.

No back can control when he fumbles and lots of really good RBs have fumbled at bad times.  Ernest Byner went to multiple Pro Bowls.  Aaron Rodgers lost a playoff game with a fumble.  It happens.

Plus it only happened once with Hill, so I don't know why you made "times" plural.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:27 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Wanna bet, Eox? Wink

Eh I don't like making bets that cheer against one of our players. So it depends on the bet lol
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 07:46 AM)McC Wrote: I guess we'll see if your crystal ball is better than his.

The evidence does strongly suggest that Hill's days of running amok are behind him.

I think people were taken for a bit of a ride last year, by Burkhead: the line was simply not up to snuff, for the whole year.

Half of Hill's carries, he was tackled within 0.5 second of touching the ball.

That's definitely not on him and Gio-van was the same: until all of our running backs run for 3.5 ypc with a stud line, there's no reason to believe any of them are done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 11:02 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Eh I don't like making bets that cheer against one of our players. So it depends on the bet lol

Gotcha.. if I come up with anything, I'll let you know :).

Good to see you posting more, as of late!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No, it doesn't come off cocky and entitled.

As I wrote, can't wait to see people like you eat **** when he runs amok this year.

The only way someone other than Hill gets the majority of carries this year, is if he's hurt.

Have at me.

I want him to do good.

But maybe the guy who has become the king of fumbling at the worst time should show some humility
Reply/Quote
Brad, i see what you did there. :andy:

BTW, Mixon will have a lot to say in this conversation is all i can tell you. Dude is already good at picking up the blitz
that Hill has struggled with at times and is the main reason a RB starts or sits. Mixon has ten times the vision, hands,
quickness, burst, balance that Jeremy Hill has.

Good luck on keeping that job Jeremy cause i wouldn't bet on it.
Reply/Quote
I am looking forward to seeing Mixon run the ball into the end zone and seeing the reactions in the game day thread by those who said they will never cheer for him.....
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I am looking forward to seeing Mixon run the ball into the end zone and seeing the reactions in the game day thread by those who said they will never cheer for him.....

They are the same people who said they would leave the country if Hillary lost.
Reply/Quote
Well 2 yard Jeremy better become 10 yard Jeremy or he's out of here.....
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:34 PM)Beaker Wrote: They are the same people who said they would leave the country if Hillary lost.

Lol!!! Very true.
Reply/Quote
I hope Hill does well. He knows he has to. I think our offense is going to look pretty damn good with Eifert and Hill in their contract years. A lot of competition.
Reply/Quote
Added note but even if Hill does well, he definitely won't be on the team in 2018
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 03:13 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Added note but even if Hill does well, he definitely won't be on the team in 2018

I agree. He's gone.
Reply/Quote
hill can play great this year he's still gone after this season because in every big moment he fails to deliver or makes the game worse

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Only because you hated Hill before he said it.  If it was a player you lkiked you would be complimenting his confidence.

No back can control when he fumbles and lots of really good RBs have fumbled at bad times.  Ernest Byner went to multiple Pro Bowls.  Aaron Rodgers lost a playoff game with a fumble.  It happens.

Plus it only happened once with Hill, so I don't know why you made "times" plural.

My fault for not liking a RB who fumbles playoff games away
Reply/Quote
Hill has 30 Tds over his career; I think it's a mistake to just dismiss him as a player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 03:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Hill has 30 Tds over his career; I think it's a mistake to just dismiss him as a player.

Not tryna say he has no talent but with as much as we run it in the redzone and the sheer percentage of snaps Hill has taken at RB for us because of Gio injuries it may be a safe assumption that ANY decent RB we plug in could have that same TD amount over 3 years.

Ill give him props for fixing his fumble problem last year but then again we didn't play many meaningful games last year either. He had no pressure.

Dude had a special rookie season and had many of us thinking he was gonna be a top 5 RB. Then he got worse....and worse. His YPC plummeted and hasn't gotten back up since. Not gonna say hes been bad because he hasn't. But he hasn't been special and if he was a special player Joe Mixon wouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 03:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Hill has 30 Tds over his career; I think it's a mistake to just dismiss him as a player.

Stats dont tell an entire story.  How many countless games did you watch gio rip off 60 yard runs to the 1 yard line and hill run it 1 yard for a TD only to celebrate like he's bo jackson.  Give me a break this kid has always and will always be garbage.  He acts like a 10 year old.  He isn't even comparable to Mixon in any way.  I mean how can any self respecting Bengal support this kid after that playoff game.  If Gio wouldn't have been targeted and knocked out we would have won 100%

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 08:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup,

I don't think there's any doubt the blocking, (Bodine) has contributed to Hill's problems. And play calling/formations haven't helped either. Hill on a pitch play outside is just not a good idea.

However I also believe A LOT of Hill's lack of production is of his own making ! Somewhere along the line he decided he was a scat back and that's just not his game. And his RB vision has went south bad.

Perhaps with the proper coaching/play calling he can turn it around but I have serious doubts.

Jermey Hill needs to put it all together as Marvin is losing his patience with him.He said going into 2017 he needs to be coached up better and that he still has confidence in him,however the guy has to adjust to all defenses as they will keep slamming him until he gets it right.I think the guy has poor vision and trys to make a sweep around end way too much.He needs to tell him 0-line to open up the pickin hole dude. He better get it done as Joe Mixon will.Watch tape of Joe and you will be very impressed.
Reply/Quote