Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup'
(04-30-2017, 04:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: Stats dont tell an entire story.  How many countless games did you watch gio rip off 60 yard runs to the 1 yard line and hill run it 1 yard for a TD only to celebrate like he's bo jackson.  Give me a break this kid has always and will always be garbage.  He acts like a 10 year old.  He isn't even comparable to Mixon in any way.  I mean how can any self respecting Bengal support this kid after that playoff game.  If Gio wouldn't have been targeted and knocked out we would have won 100%

Garbage doesn't put up 2014 or his TD numbers.

You hate the guy so you're biased, thus the crap that comes out of your mouth isn't worth anyone's time or patience.

Guess the Cowboys should've gotten rid of Romo after the Seattle game, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Garbage doesn't put up 2014 or his TD numbers.

You hate the guy so you're biased, thus the crap that comes out of your mouth isn't worth anyone's time or patience.

Probably

They didn't have much playoff success with him.

But I forgot were Bengals fans. Regular season is all that matters
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Garbage doesn't put up 2014 or his TD numbers.

People need to get it through their heads that its perfectly ok to hate a running back who fumbles games away.

Its like people are trying to make people feel guilty for hating a running back who cant hold on to the ball in the clutch.

Brainwashed Bengals fans FTW
Reply/Quote

nice coined statement for people who point out actual facts.   you're bias because everything that comes out of your mouth isn't worth anyone's time or patience.

1 productive year in which the receiving core was injured and the only thing they could do was run the ball behind the peak of our offensive line.

yeah give me a break kid

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:27 PM)Housh Wrote: People need to get it through their heads that its perfectly ok to hate a running back who fumbles games away.

Its like people are trying to make people feel guilty for hating a running back who cant hold on to the ball in the clutch.

Brainwashed Bengals fans FTW

No, it's called being objective: nobody's perfect and this shit DOES happen, but you never give one chance to people: he didn't fumble once last year, so why should we hate the guy for *1* fumble that cost us?

(04-30-2017, 04:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: nice coined statement for people who point out actual facts.   you're bias because everything that comes out of your mouth isn't worth anyone's time or patience.

1 productive year in which the receiving core was injured and the only thing they could do was run the ball behind the peak of our offensive line.

yeah give me a break kid

What does that even mean? 

You act like a tough guy and when someone refutes your, "facts," you repeat what the other guy said? TF?

Please, Mr. Facts, find me one instance where Gio-van ran 60 yards, then Hill punched it in from the 1.

You'll never find it, because it never happened.

But it's a fact, right?
Reply/Quote
Hill has 677 career carries. Hes been the definition of an iron man at the RB position. So that HAS to factor into his value. Hes a good RB no question.

But I cant think of many solid RBs who wouldn't have those same TD numbers in the same situation.

Hes good but he hasn't don't ANYTHING special since his rookie year. The fact that he made the statement he did where hes basically telling us he thinks the job is a lock for him is kind of funny to me.

Statement like that tells me he is the same immature guy and he hasn't worked on his game at all because he already thinks hes the shit. Mixon probably wont beat him out this year but Hill's days are probably numbered in Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 05:01 PM)Housh Wrote: Hill has 677 career carries. Hes been the definition of an iron man at the RB position. So that HAS to factor into his value. Hes a good RB no question.

But I cant think of many solid RBs who wouldn't have those same TD numbers in the same situation.

Hes good but he hasn't don't ANYTHING special since his rookie year. The fact that he made the statement he did where hes basically telling us he thinks the job is a lock for him is kind of funny to me.

Statement like that tells me he is the same immature guy and he hasn't worked on his game at all because he already thinks hes the shit. Mixon probably wont beat him out this year but Hill's days are probably numbered in Cincinnati
Look at his instagram: he's trained his ass off all off-season.

The only person on the team who worked harder (and posted it, of course), was Rey and we cut him.

Everyone has been talking about Burfict working hard, Hill and Rey were working even harder.

That's why I've been saying since a couple of weeks ago, that he'll tear up the league this year, unless he gets hurt.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 07:27 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Contract year? Ala Kirk... He'll have 1,000 + yard season.

stop drinking the kool aid
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 12:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's not awfully confident, that's delusional.

Your absolutely right, and I think Hill is about to get a slap of reality this upcoming season (pun intended) LOL
Reply/Quote
I don't understand the vitriol towards each other or Jeremy Hill in this thread. Jeremy Hill is 100% correct in what he said, whether people like it or think he should have said it, or not.

Is Jeremy Hill the answer for the Bengals at RB? Magic 8-ball says "Doubtful". Hill hasn't looked like it with the exception of a 9 game stretch in 2014 and teams don't take controversial, mega talented RBs like Joe Mixon in the 2nd round without the expectation of him usurping the throne. Hill has been serviceable and reliable to show up on game day at best. And his best attribute has been scoring a lot of short yardage TDs that, frankly, any other RB on the Bengals roster could have punched in if given the chance. It didn't take anything special or unique to score most (if any) of those as they were standard football plays. But that doesn't mean it's impossible to be any different or that I wish for Hill's contributions to remain that way! None of us should wish that!

I get the initial reaction to losing Burkhead, who produced in place of Hill and under the exact same circumstances Hill failed to do so in, but that is NOT Jeremy Hill's deal. That was between Marvin Lewis, Bengals management, and Rex Burkhead. Jeremy Hill does not deserve any backlash for Burkhead, who was underused, moving on. Class act all the way around and I wish him the absolute best when he isn't playing the Bengals.

And I don't blame the Bengals or Hill if either choose to move on, but I'm not going to sit here and wish or wait with excited anticipation for the guy to fail. I'm not routing for that! I hope that Hill, who will be given lots of chances to see the field and be the #1 guy, kills it. Knocks it out of the park! He hasn't been anything but a solid guy and good teammate in the public eye. Even with the signing of Mixon, Hill has been a good teammate. No Bengals fan should wish him anything but the best 2017 he could possibly have. Hell, I hope he breaks AP's rushing record.

And, yeah, the fumble was brutal, but 2015 is gone. The Hill fumble is not having any influence on the outcome of anything in 2017. To quote Tony Burton (Apollo Creed's trainer) in Rocky II "Let it go."

[video=youtube][/video]

^ PS: Written by someone who would have gone Ricky Williams and foregone the entire allotment of Bengals draft picks to take Joe Mixon in the 1st round. I think has the potential to be THAT good. And I think the Bengals offense needs exactly what he brings.
Reply/Quote
No fan of Mixon's off field antics.

But between the lines kid is a superstar in the making. Hill is not even close to being as good as Mixon.

Just hope he has reformed and becomes a good employee for Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I am looking forward to seeing Mixon run the ball into the end zone and seeing the reactions in the game day thread by those who said they will never cheer for him.....

I've been kinda wanting to say a very similar thing but I didn't want to throw fuel on the fire.  So, thank you for saying it.

The same goes for the first time John Ross has a holy shit moment.  And he will have holy shit moments.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Ironically, the person who Hill needs to imitate as a RB is the same one who sounded like a dope over the Mixon pick - Terrell Davis. Hill is almost exactly the same type of back and really he needs to stop the dancing and such and just take off - one cut maximum and just lower your head and run (which was what Mike Shanahan told Davis to do which saved his career).
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Probably

They didn't have much playoff success with him.

But I forgot were Bengals fans. Regular season is all that matters

Based on tnhis logic AJ Green sucks also.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 11:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on tnhis logic AJ Green sucks also.

And based on that logic Adam Vinitiari is one of the greatest football players to ever grace a field

So can the whole "based on that logic" argument die right here tonight? I'm sick and tired of ppl bringing it out just to play devils advocate.

You knew exactly what the hell I was saying when I made my last post. No need to act dumb because I said something you don't like
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: Stats dont tell an entire story.  How many countless games did you watch gio rip off 60 yard runs to the 1 yard line and hill run it 1 yard for a TD only to celebrate like he's bo jackson.  Give me a break this kid has always and will always be garbage.  He acts like a 10 year old.  He isn't even comparable to Mixon in any way.  I mean how can any self respecting Bengal support this kid after that playoff game.  If Gio wouldn't have been targeted and knocked out we would have won 100%

This is exactly right. Gio does all the work down the field, then Marvin lets Hill run it in from the goal line and 2 yd Jeremy gets to do his stupid little dance. There's a reason Pissburgh targeted Gio and not Hill. And the reason people (or at least me) are down on Hill over that fumble is not because he lost the ball, all RB's lose the ball occasionally, it's because he already had the first down, the game was won, and he fumbled trying to get more unneeded yardage to pad his stats. All he had to do is hang on to the ball and fall down. Marvin even pressed that to him prior to the play, get the 1st, then go down and hang onto the ball. That, to me, is unforgivable.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  And the reason people (or at least me) are down on Hill over that fumble is not because he lost the ball, all RB's lose the ball occasionally, it's because he already had the first down, the game was won, and he fumbled trying to get more unneeded yardage to pad his stats. 

This is a complete lie.

There was almost 2 minutes left and Pitt had their timeouts.  We gave Hill the ball becuse we could not kill the clock by just kneeling on it.  And Hill was no where close to getting a first down when he fumbled.

So now that you realize the main reason you were doiwn on him was a complete lie do you like him any better?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 09:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a complete lie.

There was almost 2 minutes left and Pitt had their timeouts.  We gave Hill the ball becuse we could not kill the clock by just kneeling on it.  And Hill was no where close to getting a first down when he fumbled.

So now that you realize the main reason you were doiwn on him was a complete lie do you like him any better?

No, I don't. Yes, I was incorrect he had the first down, there was 1 minute, 36 seconds left, 1st and 10, and Hill ripped off about 6 yards. The rest of the story remains the same, Marvin told him to just go down and protect the ball and run the clock. He didn't do that.
Reply/Quote
I'm pulling for him to put it all back together now. I want him to play so well, the coaches have a major issue taking him off the field until 25 can come back.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 09:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a complete lie.

Fred i distinctly remember you being a huge supporter of Hill when for years ive said he was no good.  I'm glad you have come around.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote