Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup'
(05-02-2017, 10:47 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I think that if Mixon didn't split carries in 2015 & 2016 he would have had a chance to be seen that way, yes.

Instead, he makes a terrible decision in 2014 and is suspended for the 2014 season, leaving the door open for Perine, who in 2014 looked like a Heisman candidate in Mixon's absence as he got to carry the load with a less active platooning partner.

Mixon and Perine did extremely well running for OK the past few seasons. Perine's averages, while still impressive, went down over his 3 year career. Mixon was able to keep the same YPC (2015 6.7 / 2016 6.8), even with a ton more touches in 2016 (113 / 187).

I'm now interested in what kind of talent was on the OK line 2014 through now and if those guys have come out in the draft yet, or if their rushing success was due in large part to scheme/coaching. Their YPC is IMPRESSIVE across the board nomatter who was running!

Perine impressed me for years but last year when i watched Oklahoma, Mixon just stood out as extremely special.

He has the hands of a WR, speed of a WR, vision like Emmett Smith, great balance and burst.

I liked Perine tons before i saw Mixon, it was clear who was the better back and i still really like Perine.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup' - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-02-2017, 07:21 PM