Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...will we actually use our new weapons?
(05-07-2017, 03:13 PM)kevin Wrote: The key is rebuilding the offensive line. Without blocking you could have Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Jerry Rice, Lynn Swann, Shockey and Gronk, and any other QBs, RBs TEs, WRs of all-time in their best years ......and without blocking they would not win a game. .......Other teams have talent at QB, WR, TE, RB, FB.   We have not proven we excel in these areas, it's what fans have on paper. The game is not played on paper and on the gridiron it will take BLOCKING.....IF WE HAVE BLOCKING and TACKLING, WE WILL WIN.  IF WE DON'T WE WILL LOSE......This is why I give the draft a C because we passed on blocking in 3rd, 4th and early in 5th round.  We passed on some good talent at center and guard and tackle.   This is why I hope the undrafted free agent O Lineman from Texas pans out for us.   Had we taken an O lineman in 3 or 4 or even early in 5, I could give this draft a B.   Not addressing O Line when talent was on the board in spite of needs on O Line reduces this draft to a C.  If this team can't block, it can't win. 

Sink or swim time. 

Bodine, Boling, Fisher, Ogbuehi, A. Smith, Westerman, Winston, Redmond, Hopkins...T.J. Johnson...I'm not too convinced myself, but as long as they can stay healthy, maybe they can gel and become a good young O-line for years to come. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...will we actually use our new weapons? - CINwillWIN - 05-07-2017, 04:14 PM