Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W. Va. reporter arrested for 'yelling questions' at HHS secretary
(05-10-2017, 01:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, that'll get you in trouble every time.

Depends on protocol. 

I've never been a DC area reporter, so I can't speak to that. But I have traveled with governors, senators, etc., and been in state houses, jails, courtrooms and other areas where there are very specific regulations on where you are allowed to go, where you can have electronic devices, and other restrictions. Media are often allowed access that people off the street aren't because they are representative of those people off the street... provided they follow a few guidelines. Being polite is not one I've ever encountered.

This reporter wasn't exactly new to the beat. It is possible he was intentionally pushing so he could get arrested and get a moment of fame on the other side of the camera. Sure. I find it more likely, though, that he was doing something he had probably done regularly throughout his career there, he just wasn't used to an administration that prefers a fettered press.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: W. Va. reporter arrested for 'yelling questions' at HHS secretary - Benton - 05-10-2017, 01:33 PM