Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W. Va. reporter arrested for 'yelling questions' at HHS secretary
(05-10-2017, 02:47 PM). Benton Wrote: Depends on the situation.

Media are, normally, given different treatment. If this was a guy on the street shouting a question and trying to push through SS, then I would agree. If it's a reporter who — based off my own experience with security details — normally shouts a question and pushes through the detail, I disagree.

It's entirely up to the individual, though. As in courtrooms where a judge has authority to limit some devices, discussion, photos, etc. It boils down to personal preference. I've been in courtrooms where the judge ordered court security to keep things minimally intrusive, and others where judges didn't care if reporters sat up near the bench. Lawmakers, likewise, are able to allow or disallow how strict their security details are. If the norm for Price is to allow reporters into some areas and ask questions, then he — in my opinion — made a significant error by ordering or in the least allowing that protocol to change because he was didn't want to answer a question.
Okey Doke we'll just disagree on the assertion of actively trying to breech the Secret Service can be allowed depending on protocol or the situation and additional leeway is given to the media. This was not "some security detail." I'll stand by the assertion that it will get you in trouble every time.

Now weather is was standard proceedure for Secret Service to deny what he was doing is a totally different situation.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: W. Va. reporter arrested for 'yelling questions' at HHS secretary - bfine32 - 05-10-2017, 02:57 PM