Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W. Va. reporter arrested for 'yelling questions' at HHS secretary
(05-12-2017, 04:17 PM)Benton Wrote: So far that hasn't been said. The reporter has said the contrary, that he hadn't been ordered to leave. The capitol police have said it was breeching the ss detail,  that's pretty darn vague given the half the town is an ss detail.

And, again, it was a cop. Not the secret service. Even though that really doesn't matter, since the ss is still required to abide by people's rights. And you still have the right to walk in a public building and ask a public official a question. Price is on taxpayer time and dime.

Well, maybe that worked for 240 years. But the country is changing now. I am surprised at the number of people who support limitation of the press and harassment and rough treatment of reporters.  I guess its a concomitant of anger at "big government." The press no longer represents "the people."  I don't think we are going the way of Russia, but they are presently an example of where a country ends up when people think the press earns rough treatment by doing it's job. I am not speaking only to this WV case.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: W. Va. reporter arrested for 'yelling questions' at HHS secretary - Dill - 05-13-2017, 12:14 AM